Monday, March 23, 2009

It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. I'll give you two.

The "Mean Reds" get to me. I am the Modern Day Holly Golightly. I live freely and it can become quite exhausting. I am the broken gift inside delicate and ornate wrapping. I am the one you RETURN TO SENDER. I am not easily reassembled. I think its time for my life of lace to adhere to the harsh velcro of society once again. I need to escape the prison and confinement of my fucked up mind to live normally again. i want to experience the warmth and beauty of the sun pressed against my skin. I want to interact with humans again, even if they are shitty or difficult. I want to not have an incessant nausea in my stomach everytime i emerge from my cocoon of panic. I long to be the girl I lost months ago. Im trying I honestly am. If i dont sharpen up a lot is at stake, especially the boy I love so dearly.

1 comment:

  1. I just used the reference "mean reds" and no one I know got it. I think they thought I got an STD when I said it. Ironically, I feel like a modern day Paul Varjak.

    Good luck to you, Ms. Golightly.

    ReplyDelete